Wednesday 22 May 2013

World of Tanks Cheat Codes

Gevlon is writing a fascinating series of articles this week on how wargaming.net is (in his opinion) cheating World of Tanks players (for reasons that are not clear to me). But this article isn't in response to that series, rather it's in response to something a commenter said. Let me give you a little background. Gevlon started his latest series because he found that a pair of articles that he wrote months ago - accusing wargaming.net of cheating - was getting loads of hits, a year after he wrote them. In fact, they are the most visited posts on his blog. He opined "I think they resonate with something my readers found themselves". Commenter Ted Atchley had a counter-hypothesis:

The two pages are getting lots of hits because people are seaching Google for "World of Tanks cheats", looking for a cheat code or something similiar for the game.

Well, that resonated with me! So I thought I'd test that theory. Here, I provide no interesting theory about wargaming.net, nor do I provide any World of Tanks cheat codes. Such things don't exist. I simply provide a page that will catch people googling for such cheat codes, to test Ted's counter-hypothesis. I'll report back with the results in a few months' time.

1 comment:

  1. I think quite a few are getting tired (like myself) of getting raped almost immedietly.
    Regardless of what you do you will go down in a fire and cannot penetrate anything.
    I don't care how good or bad you are... this will happen. So don't play it and spend your money on something worthwhile like a whore...

    ReplyDelete