Wednesday 23 January 2013

20 days of gold making - day 8 - reaching your goal

The next question that Nev posed on AHAddict is:
Thinking back to day 2, did you ever reach your goal or are you still working towards it? If you reached it - have you set yourself a new one

Oh, dear, I answered that on day two! Serves me right for not looking ahead.

I'll answer a similar question instead. Having reached my immediate goal of having enough money to buy some netherweave bags, and then my longer term goal of having as much gold as I need to buy anything I want, what am I actually doing with the gold?  Aha! I'll avoid answering question 19 just now ("gifts and presents"). What did I do with the gold, other than buying presents for myself?

Well, I will spend money to make money: for instance on tailoring patterns for desirable costumes. But that isn't the main use of my gold.

Growing up in Azeroth, I was enchanted by the world, despite the despoliation wreaked upon it by the invaders from beyond the dark portal and within. I was proud that my training could be put to use helping our Alliance in its struggle against the Horde, the Burning Legion, the scourge of the Lich King, the corrupt old gods and the madness of Deathwing. Even today we struggle on the unfamiliar island of Pandaria against enemies old and new. That is my purpose in life: to protect our Alliance from all threats.

Like all adventurers, I want to be the best I can be. So I spend my money freely on arms and armour, potions and preparations, flasks and feasts. I have never spared any expense in buying the best gear I can get, and properly preparing it with magical gems, charms and enchantments. And then repairing it.

My dieting regime is strict: I eat the finest Pandaren banquets, and the nootropic delicacies of the pot and the alchemist. Fish oil really does boost intelligence. I do a little farming in Farmer Yoon's ranch. He lets me keep all the crops, though in return he wants me to do all the work. No wonder the Mudclaws don't think much of him. But really, labouring on a farm is no sort of life for an adventurer while there are still orcs to be killed. And I'm too busy (I mean 'lazy') to actually do much fishing, so I buy most of my food at auction.

I'll tell you about my special treats on day 19.

Part of the 20 days of Gold Making series

No comments:

Post a Comment